- Pray for the growth of Christianity to continue in Nagoya
- Pray for the Seminary to help train and equip national leaders to rise up and lead within the Church
- Pray for the church planting work in our Presbytery (Currently there is one church plant and research being done for a second church plant)
- Pray the Japanese would be equipped to reach other Asian Nations
The CBI Team
- CBI has applied for a grant for the CBS Ministry Extension Project. Please pray they would receive this grant!
- Pray as a few of the women on the team and one professor are struggling with various health issues. Pray for healing.
- Pray for one family who recently purchased a home in Nagoya. Pray for their transition and move. Especially as their kids have to adjust to new schools.
The Carters – February/March 2021
- Pray as we solidify our vision group. Pray for unity and clear calling. Not everyone is called to church planting and we pray God would clearly lead who should be in this group.
- Pray for the Shiga Church Pastor and Session. They are supportive, but also starting to realize the cost of being a mother church. They have been hesitant to allow members to join our launch team in fear of losing members or other members not understanding why certain members go and others stay. They are also in fear of losing income during this difficult time of Covid. Pray God would assuage their fears and I could help communicate, better than my ability, that although there is loss to the mother church in God’s Kingdom there is so much to gain.
- I often feel like I am only working out of my weaknesses. Pray for my unbelief, that I would truly believe I am who God has called to lead this church plant in this time and place. Pray for my ability to better communicate with our team and the Japanese leadership. Pray for my ability to lead. Pray for humbleness and for my identity to be so in Christ that when criticism comes I will look to the cross. Pray not my will, but God’s will be done.
- Pray for the parenting Bible Study Cathalain is teaching via Zoom. They wrapped up their initial study and I wish you could’ve heard the testimonies from both the Christian and non-Christian moms. God has definitely used this to grow these women in grace. Pray as Cathalain struggles with what to study next as they all want to continue.
- Praise God for our Japanese staff and her growth in the Gospel over these past two years. She shared her vision moving forward as a non staff member of the church and we praised God for how he has worked and grown in her heart. She and her husband have so much potential, but need prayers. They are struggling as newlyweds (as is usually the case) and need good discipleship. Pray I can speak into her husband’s life and for them to continue to be growing in grace.
- Pray as we are adding on a staff part-time to help with the English Program and Nagoya Ministry Center ministries. There are lots of logistics because this national staff is actually full time shared with another ministry in town. Pray for his transition and for all the payroll details we (mostly Cathalain) are working through with our Japanese Religious Corporation.
- Pray for Cathalain’s official interview with Kinjo High School on February 23, 7:30PM (EST). Although this is a formality, Cathalain is nervous about this time. Pray for her to lean on the Lord and trust he will guide her and lead her.
- Pray for our kids. Recently they have each struggled with various forms of anxiety. Pray as we seek to bring them to the cross and pray they can grasp the Gospel and personalize it in their hearts.
- Pray for my sermon preparation time. Pray I would be faithful to present Christ in the text, for my translation and the time it takes to translate, and for my Japanese tutor who helps check and teach me how to write more naturally. Pray the same for my Prayer Meeting Message. My next Sermon in January 3 and I am teaching the Prayer Meeting on the 21 and 28.