“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)
John Piper in his book entitled, “Let the Nations be Glad” writes that when it comes to missions there are three types of people. Goers, Senders, and those who are disobedient. We must ask ourselves which category do we fit in? Maybe all three! One important aspect goers and senders share is to call upon God in prayer…continually. This post is designed to give you an idea of how you can prayer for our mission and for the lost nation of Japan. If you still wonder why we pray we would encourage you to look at a guide Wycliffe has developed. It is the most succinct and helpful snapshot we have found on the subject.
Praying specifically for the Carter Family
- Pray for Michael’s upcoming licensure exam (Monday, April 19 in the morning) and practice preaching to the youth group (April 21). Specifically pray for his ability to clearly articulate the answers to the many questions he will be asked.
- Pray for the expected birth of our son, Tobin James, in early May
- Pray for the transition from Lakeland to Virginia to New York at the end of June
- Pray for our last cross-cultural training in NY City from July 1-31
- Pray for the last 30% of funding to come in so we can be approved to leave for the Nagoya in fall 2010
- Pray God would strengthen our marriage through much transition and we would look to him first, continually be faithful in the word, and be faithful in our prayers
Praying for the MTW Nagoya Team
- Pray for eight churches to be planted in the next ten years within Nagoya
- Pray for the Nisshin Church as they begin their tenth year of ministry
- Pray the team will be able to reach out and come alongside those who are visiting the Nisshin Church and get to know them better. Please pray they would be enabled by God to shepherd those who are presently in the church and who are in need of discipleship and training.
- Pray for the new musical ministry being led by Tom and Theresa Wilson (especially the three new choir groups meeting across the city)
- Pray for the English conversation students who hear and interact with content from the Bible each week as part of their class
Praying for the Nation of Japan
- Pray for those who are currently studying the Bible. Please pray that not only will they grow in their knowledge and understanding but that their hearts would be opened by God’s Spirit to put their faith in Jesus.
- Pray for men to rise up and become nationals leaders within the Presbyterian Church in Japan (especially keep in mind Christ Bible Seminary located in Nagoya)
- Pray the Japanese would be equipped to reach other Asian Nations